Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Christmas Week

I did not upload any photos this weekend. We stayed busy playing with the GRANDS including Christmas lights, McDonald's playground, Monopoly Cards, and walking the dog. I also had my final Chorale concert of the year. So, I played with an older photo today and posterized it a bit, and added a title. Here you go.





















How about using Legos in your actual work environment? Here is a person who used them to display their daily work activities. I like it.

Do you love synchronized Christmas lights? I do. Maybe someday, when I have the time (post-retirement?), I will make our house do it. For now, I will watch it on youtube. Here is one using Let It Go as the song.

I watch a lot of TV procedural dramas (you know, CSI, NCIS, etc). On those programs, they can take any image and refine it until you can see every detail. A legible license plate. A clear face. A reflection in a car window. Anyway, haven't you sometimes wondered it that is really possible. This article confirms that you can only recover as much as the original image captures. Read more information here.

We had Sunday lunch at Bass Pro Shops yesterday. As we entered, an employee was handing out those sales flyers and I took one. I saw an ad for a camouflage blanket. My mind went into overdrive and I wondered how well they work. That led me to this.... No explanations on what you see; you'll have to figure it out.











Here is a story even geeks and nerds and any sensible person might ignore. As SS used to say about learning algebra, "Who's ever going to use this knowledge in their everyday life?" Today's (apparently) exciting news is Mathematicians Make a Major Discovery About Prime Numbers. They have a formula on How far apart can consecutive primes be?

Do you ever worry that, if you ask for a raise, your company might decide to let you go? Apparently, that is what happened to the costars of Mythbusters. I hope it makes the show stronger as they refocus on Jamie and Adam. Do you even still watch it?:

Oh, last night while we were out looking at the lights, we can across a park where these cool looking little neon rocket-looking things were being shot into the sky. When we investigated, we ended up buying 3 for $10. GD#1 launched hers a few times (after hurting her hand by releasing the wrong part of the rubber band launcher). GD#2 would not try. Their grandfather ended up launching it for them to catch. You can see more about it in this ad video.

Oh, my. It is way into tomorrow and I have just be lollygagging around looking for stories on the web. I need to get ready for a 9am meeting. Have a 'Mazing Monday.

No comments: