Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Little Too Bright on Top?

The other day, I showed this photo of me playing a game with my oldest granddaughter on our trip up to the mountains. She is the one that plays the most games with me. I think we are playing Play Nine.















I mentioned that she beat me fair and square at least once. And she was a good winner AND a good loser. The same cannot always be said about her grandfather. I imagine that I was saying "In your face", but I might just have let my face say it all. That was probably the only one I won all weekend.















How about this from Richard Estes?

















Can you tell Richard Estes' image above is actually a painting. He is from the photo-realist, or hyper-realist, school of art. There are more examples in this article.

When you write a list like "apples, pears, and bananas", do you include the final comma between 'pears' and 'and' or not? That is a big grammar brouhaha. I enjoyed the story about it from Richard Mueller. So, which way do you write lists? Personally, I like the extra comma.

Time for today's Christmas card.
















Hmm. What if there were no hypothetical situations?

It's time for another trip back to 2009 for a strip I call 'Like Hannibal'.












The other day, MBH and I were eating somewhere (I think it might have been WhichWich) and she said she liked the song that was playing in the restaurant. I whipped out my trusty smartphone and fired up Shazam in time to find out who was singing. It was The Wilderness of Manitoba. Oh come on, you've never heard of them? No, I hadn't either. The song she heard was 'Leave Someone' and you can hear it on youtube.

Take a look at this photo and form an opinion before you read my commentary below.















I looked at where the sun is shining from (it appears to be coming in from the far right based on the glow of the rocks) and wondered if the trees weren't brighter than they should be. What do you think? Is this a little too processed?

And now that you have seen this photo, was the title of today's post referring to these trees or my hair in the first two photos? I'll never tell.

Do you like to see those autocorrect fails that happen sometimes? Some of them are a bit risque, but some made me laugh. Take a look at this site to see some examples.

Want to see some movie posters that never were? What does that mean? DC Comics has mashed up some real movie posters with some of their superheroes. Aquaman in Free Willy? Batgirl and Purple Rain? The Flash in North by Northwest? Check out these clever posters.

Thanks, Consumer Reports, for evaluating some name brand products to store brand and telling us which is a better value. Thanks for letting us read about it here.


















I am not seeing so many stories today, so I will cut you a break. I will NOT cut you 'off a piece of that KitKat bar', though. Have a Wonderful Wednesday.

No comments: