Tuesday, December 02, 2014

A Smoking Hot Post

I just found out what was missing from my Thanksgiving meal, and I think that, soon, you will agree with me. I came across an advertisement for the missing element from all of our meals. Camel cigarettes. We should have had one between every course. Check out the ad.

What do you get when you cross music with statistics? A pianogram.

I added a pin to my Cool Ideas board in Pinterest. It is about building an Advent Village for use during the next few weeks. Daughter-in-Love and ZKW Wife should check it out.

I really need to get last year's trips and this year's trips printed up in photo books. There are two primary steps in getting those book created. First, and the biggest hurdle, is to choose which 200 photos out of the 1500 make the cut. Second is to craft the story and visual page arrangements. To help motivate me, let's take a look at some pages I made for past books. We will start with a page from the UK trip photo book. I wanted to use a bunch of the unused photos, so I mixed small thumbnails in with colored squares for a filler page.

















Next is a page from a Ouray book about our 2009 Fall trip. I wanted to convey the emptiness of roads and the height of trees and scenery in the West.






















Finally, let's see the cover page from the Ouray 2012 photo book showcasing several photos of the group. I gave that book a subtitle of 'Continuing a Family Tradition'.


















Did I mention that Cary Elwes is writing a book about his stories from filming The Princess Bride? It looks like it will have a lot of great anecdotes. You can read a couple of them here.

Yesterday, I was thinking to go through at least this week with no new Clarity of Vision comics. I made it all the way to today before I changed my mind. Yesterday was Cyber Monday. If that doesn't scream out for comment, nothing does. And no, I don't know what all those letters and numbers mean, either.












Next time you are in the UK, you might consider picking up some Domino's pizza (nothing says UK more than Domino's, right?). When you do, add a dozen fresh Domino's donuts to it. I think SS would be all over that deal.

Do you know what a clementine is? McDonald's might add these small mandarin/orange hybrids to their Happy Meals. Sure, let's add in something else for them to not eat and give to their parents or grandparents.

It's Terrific Tuesday, my friends. Let's go make that happen to all who come in contact with us today.

No comments: