Thursday, December 11, 2014

King, Kong, Merrily On High

I played some games with the oldest granddaughter while we were up in the mountains last month. Sometimes, she won, and sometimes I did, but I never 'let her win'. When she won, it was because she beat me fair and square. And by the way, in the 16th century 'square' meant 'fair and honest' so 'fair and square' means honest and straightforward.















This is the cabin we stayed in. It is a nice little two-bedroom two-bath cottage.















And nearby is a nice little playground. I mean, look how much fun the youngest grandchild is having. You should see his face when he is not having uproarious fun.






















What's better than Christmas cards based on text autocorrects? Not much, I'll wager.






















Continuing a theme from yesterday, let's examine what McDonald's McRibs are made from. It really is pork.

Want a nice one liner that you can quote at your upcoming holiday parties? How about 'Take my advice. I don't use it anyway'?

I heard on the radio this morning that we only have 14 days until Christmas. That made me come up with an idea for a Clarity of Vision comic. So, I went to create it, and ended up with a different one somehow. You will see my original concept tomorrow, but today, I suddenly veered off and wrote one about shopping while at work.













Sure, I am still determining how my diet will change, but I still might be interested in "Ancient Grains" Cheerios when they come out in January. Yes, I need to move away from so many carbs, but that actually sounds good to me (assuming it is low in sugar).

I am not finding things to share today in my usual web location, so I am freeing you to start a Thrilling Thursday a little earlier than I had imagined. Make it a good day for yourself and whomever you meet.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Sorry. I meant to respond yesterday, but I kept thinking I would come up with a clever retort to the Buffalo Wild Wings church idea. I still got nothing.
Thanks for the idea anyway.