Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Videos But No Photos

As often happens on Wednesday mornings (or more accurately, Tuesday nights), you are reading a blog post where I do not have any new photos. I get home a little late from Chorale practice, and I need to get everything staged for the next morning. What can I say? I am thinking of myself and not you. I'm sorry.

I didn't do it. I would not have even thought of doing it. However, EW online did modify the lyrics of some classic Beatles tunes to accompany their story about the tree planted in honor of George Harrison dying due to beetles.

Do you use a lot of acronyms at work? Of course you do. Who doesn't? SS told me recently that Stephen Stills approached Weird Al Yankovic wondering why he never parodied any of their songs. It happened that he had one ready and you can see the video here. It has traces of several songs in it, but mostly Suite: Judy Blue Eyes. I definitely like it.

I also thought his take on Blurred Lines was fun, though.

Have you seen any of the Iron Man movies? I read the comic book in my youth, but these new movies are still a lot of fun. Yesterday, I read about the dude that created the screen images used for Iron Man's HUD (heads-up display). Take a look.

Oh man, it is already late (I got pulled away for a while), so I will share today's CoV and then get going. I have some stuff I need to finish before I go to a memorial service this afternoon for a friend in the Chorale. See you.

No comments: