Monday, July 21, 2014

Is It Whoopsy Daisy or Oopsy Daisy?

When I do a search, both terms show up as a way to dismiss an insignificant mistake. Which one do you say? Now that I have written and researched both, I do not really know which  I would say first. What about you? Anyway, my (wh)oopsy daisy is that I forgot to upload more photos. Sometimes, I am so scatterbrained. We had a Chorale concert yesterday, so by the time I got home, it was almost dinner and I just forgot to think about building today's post. Sorry.

Since I use a web-based tool for creating Clarity of Vision, I can still do that. Hold, please. TSA Nephew, it is just a joke, OK?













And not many links of interest are showing up this morning on the interweb. These photos from a record-low Lake Mead are sad but fascinating.

We did watch a bit of TV last night (you remember. When I wasn't uploading photos). I read that in 2013, the average person spent 2.8 hours watching TV every day, nearly half of their so-called "leisure time." (Some age groups spent more than four hours.) Did we watch more than that last night? I'm not telling, but maybe. What about you?

Did you read that James Garner died? I always enjoyed his stuff. Have you ever seen Support Your Local Sheriff!? I thought that was funny.

Speaking of vegan (and you should be. You know it), I did see a story about plant-based meat alternatives and the fact that Whole Foods accidentally switched them in some foods for three days and no one noticed. You can watch the story here. (BTW, I do like the Beyond Meat products).

I am not monkeying around when I say we enjoyed Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. It was really good, but it was obviously a filler-type movie between other stories in this cycle. Still, they can do amazing things with SFX nowadays.

How much would you pay for one of those cute little bracelets kids loom from rubber bands? Would you pay one dollar? five dollars? OK, how much for a whole dress made from rubber bands? One hundred dollars? No? Well. someone in the UK paid $291,000 for one. Maybe I should get the GRANDS working on that!?

You know what today is? It is a workday for most of us, so let's start working. I hope your weekend was nice, but we are burning daylight. See you on Terrific Tuesday.

No comments: