Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Short-term Memory Worked!

Here is a shot of some ducks (O S M R ducks) at a lake near our resort.
















And our cabin.























And a zebra tree.























Can you see it peeking through? Actually, I am sure it was struck by lightning. Pretty cool looking, though.

The headline of this story, 'In 1858, People Said the Telegraph Was Too Fast for the Truth', caught my eye and I HAD to read the article. Don't you?

Don't have the money to travel. You can see some of the world's icons right here in the good ol' U.S. of A. This article shares some of them (and the comments add a few more).

I am sure you have heard any number of reasons why milk is always at the back of the store. Not so fast, you lactose lunk. There actually may be a practical reason, as shared here.

Today's comic returns to the familiar theme (at least for me) of project management concepts.













"Oh, look. Just $99 to fly from PHX to DFW. Wait a minute, I booked it and now, there are $843 in government taxes. Why didn't the airline ad say that?" Well, it's because they don't have to, according to a new law just passed.

Are you ever worried that your 13-year-old daughter is getting hot calls? Just think how this father felt when his kid's phone caught fire.

Not that many articles catching my eye this morning. At least I remember the photos, though, right? Have a Terrific Tuesday. TTFN.

1 comment:

Keith said...

Um,...
those are geese, not ducks.
Just saying'.