Friday, July 18, 2014

Mea Culpa

I chose today's title because I've heard it means "my fault". If it means something else, then just ignore that and know that I want to open today's blog post saying I messed up, and Preacher Bro and MOM (my old man, of course) called me on it. I uploaded a photo from the Civil War era yesterday and talked about photobombing. I wrote there was a surprise in the lower right when it was actually the dude looking out in the lower left. Couldn't you tell I meant the OTHER left (meaning right)?

There is an interesting idea on the My Plant-Based Family today for BBQ using spaghetti squash. I think I want to try it, although I need to find a good sauce without much (any?) sugar.

Let's go ahead and check out some photos. Oh wait, I didn't upload any last night. I forgot because I was kind of tired after working all afternoon at a local charity for our bi-monthly team event. We were working in a largely un-air-conditioned warehouse sorting trash cans. You read that right. There were several hundred donated plastic trash cans we sorted into trash, usable but dirty, and ready for resale. My fingertips are a bit tender this morning. Still, I know we helped them a lot.

A day or two ago, I thought I'd take a ride. And soon, Miss Fanny Bright was seated by.... Wait, how did I get sidetracked. Oh yeah. A day or two ago, I talked about Weird Al Yankovic's latest album being released. Well, it has been and you can hear a few of the songs and see their videos here. I knew most of these songs. I know I liked Tacky, but I cannot remember which others since I am unable to open the link at work.

Do you remember a Charlton Heston movie from years ago called Soylent Green? Its premise was that the human race was reduced to surviving by eating.... Well, do some research to see what it was if you don't already know. A new product dubbed soylent has been released that claims to meet all nutritional needs. It apparently tastes like unsweetened cake batter. Would you be willing to eat it? Would you even try it? I think I would.

Did you see that Lay's may release cappuccino-flavored chips? Will you try those? I want to see how much of a meal I can put together with flavors of chips. Check back in a day or two. How many can you find?

I am back to finish the post after taking 20 minutes to create today's CoV. I had to do it this morning since I forgot to write on last night. I wrote down the original idea on June 11, and did a version of it at around the same time. This time, we put it into practice. I think this is the most panels I have ever used in a comic.























OK, everybody out there clamoring for a delicious homemade celery soda, raise your hand.

If we hurry, maybe we can get Friday, Saturday and Sunday over with quickly so we can all happily embrace a new workweek. I know I want to. Have a Fabulous Friday.

No comments: