Friday, June 24, 2016

Over Seventy-Eight Thousand Reasons to Read Today's Post

Breaking news: In an unprecedented vote, I decided to share photos from our CA trip for TWO DAYS IN A ROW! I caught you off guard with this intro paragraph, didn't I? You thought I was going to mention the Brexit vote yesterday when the UK decided to leave the European Union. I will say that the results surprised me. I would have voted to stay in the EU. Let's see how things change now.

During our CA trip, we had some down time and decided to play some cards. No, this is not Texas Hold-'Em Poker, although the serious expression on my nephew's face at the end of the table could fool you. We were playing Crazy Eights. Have you ever played that using a regular deck of cards? OK, here's the question that befuddled us. Well, most of us were befuddled. If you do not have a card that can be played, what do you do? For our game, we drew one card, placed it in our hand, and our turn was over. You could not play it, even if it could be used. From the Crazy Eight rules that I remembered, that person would draw and keep drawing until they pulled a card that could be played. It was craziness, people.
















And here's a shot of the group from behind. I was secretly trying to see Mr. News Anchor's cards (he's in the blue shirt), but it didn't work out. He's too smart to be fooled by a photographer. After all, he deals with them all day, every day. He also writes and reviews the copy they all read. I wonder how he would rate mine?
















One of the perquisites of living in the CA climate is that you can grow more things than in the desert. These roses are growing all around their house, and you can see them on the counter in the previous shot. Here is a close-up.
























For some reason, MBH and I got the giggles last night looking at some autocorrect fails. Here's an example.
























Or maybe this one is funny for you.
























Maybe you would prefer a cake fail instead of an autocorrect fail? Still, congratulations, Laura.



















Check out this next photo of lunch bags that a mom has been doing for her boys. I think of two things when I see this. One is that she is both extraordinarily creative and talented, and two is that she named one of her kids Kale. Does she have a daughter named Kali Flower?























We made it through the week, compadres. Let's celebrate with a cold one. Come on. You know what I mean.












For some of you, that is probably what you thought I meant. Since I don't drink, I would prefer to celebrate with maybe a draught A&W Root Beer. Mmm. Well, have a great weekend. See you next week.

No comments: