Friday, June 03, 2016

Hi-Ho, Oh No, It's Off to Work I Go

Let me tell you people that yesterday was as long and challenging as I had expected. Before the 10am leadership meeting, we went through five revisions of the presentation. I needed to make sure that the blue on slide 2 matched the blue on slide 3.The sizes of a popup chart on the side of the main chart had to be consistent on all slides, even if one slide was already more crowded than the other. Three of us were adding the numbers on each slide to make sure the totals all matched. And then, I had a laundry list of action items spawned by our presentation that I dealt with for the rest of the day. In fact, I have not finished working through the list yet. So, that is on my docket for today. Yes, I DO have a docket. Doesn't everyone?

Here is a stylistic shot I tried to take of Lady Liberty through a tree on Ellis Island. It didn't work. It is just too busy.
























I'm nothing if not persistent. OK, I decided to try for another stylistic shot... again of the Statue of Liberty. Nope, didn't work again. This is still just too busy. although it was cool to look out the windows of the main Ellis Island building and see the Statue.
























I liked the alignment of the overhang against the symmetry of the cathedral at St. Patricks, but I don't like the photo. I think maybe the overhang above feels too heavy against the more delicate lines of the church. I do like the way the cross is highlighted by the stained glass window behind it.
























As seems to happen with increasing frequency, I found nothing to share from my search of the web world today. However, yesterday, I did stop and take a photo of a strange cloud arrangement or whatever was glowing in the sky.


















I thought maybe it was a missile launch from an AFB in California somewhere. No, it turns out it was from a meteor that had come down over the state. Here is some additional news about it. I am sorry that I somehow missed seeing the actual meteor.

Did you know that today is National Donut Day? Well, that is what I heard.

With all the work that I have done recently, it means I have not had a chance to play with my drone during the week. Instead, it has spent way too much time feeling lonely in the corner.


















Listen, I know I was a bit light on content yesterday. In fact, there's not a whole lot more today, but I just don't have time to pull in more stuff. So, I will let you start your weekend early. Have a great one.

No comments: