Monday, June 20, 2016

It Was a Good Father's Day

I don't know about your day yesterday, and I imagine that more than a few of you are not even fathers, but probably, most of you had or have one. Anyway, as a father and grandfather, my family made mine very nice. For me, it started on Saturday when MBH and I went to lunch with my parents. We had a nice visit with them and ate some yummy BBQ (I ate waaaay too much). Then, on Sunday, we ate with family for lunch and headed over to SS's house for afternoon snack and visit. The girls then went to see Newsies and I stayed home with SS and J-Dawg. We played basketball, and Jenga (he did quite well for a couple of games), and Connect Four (well, using his rules) and wrestled. It was quiet and relaxing.

I got a gift card for AMC Theaters, and Blue Ray player, a Myth-Man-Legend t-shirt, and the book Hamilton: The Revolution. As you remember from Friday, several of our family do suffer from Hamilaria, myself included. This book looks so fun. I am excited to learn more about how the musical came to be. By the way, in the Hamilaria video, you hear the guy in church sing words from Micah 4:4. Yes, George Washington did quote that verse multiple times in his writings, so Lin-Manuel Miranda pulled those words into the lyrics for 'One Last Time'.

I feel like sharing a Photoshop altered photo right now. On this one, I had to think about it for a second, including re-reading the original request.



















Did you watch the NBA Finals last night to see *spoiler alert* Cleveland win their first-ever NBA title? It was a fun game. Of course, I balanced watching that with playing games with GRAND#3.

A decade or so ago, MBH and I were celebrating our anniversary in New England. One evening, we drove up to Kennebunkport, ME, and decided to have dinner there. I was just past 8pm, and we drove, and we drove, looking for a nice seafood place. Then, we drove more looking for ANY open restaurant. Finally, we settled for McDonalds, but we did have lobster rolls there. Yup. Why am I bringing this up now? Apparently, these rolls were gone from McD's, but now, they are back. So, if you have been craving them, hurry to a New England McDonalds as it seems they may be only available for a limited time. No, we will probably not make the drive this time. We've already lived it.











Do you have any real estate sellers in your family? Well, the interweb has come up with a new marketing ploy. Does it work? I'm sure the results speak for themselves.














On this next photo, I can kind of hear a voice going, "Chill out, dude."





















I am sure that no one is ever confused with how to pronounce a word in English. Let me give some 'Clarity' to that 'Vision'.












I have all day training tomorrow, so I need to know a bunch of things out today. Since I come in a bit early, I should still have time to write a blog post, though. See you then.

No comments: