Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Rum and Coffee and Pizza and Falling Cows

Remember the family reunion story I told about the kids shooting their 'marshmallow guns' at the adults? Well, here they are taking their best shot. They were certainly not throwing away their shot.
















What about the adults seeing these projectiles flying toward them? Well, first off, many of them stayed up on the balcony beside the den of our cabin in Ouray, CO.
















Apparently, they decided that standing up made them too easy of a target, so they brought out chairs and sat behind the railing. I think it helped somewhat.
























Have you been wondering what would happen if the Earth lost its gravity for five seconds? Would any of us survive? I'll give you a hint before you read the article. No. You need to read about it to see why, though. It is not what I would have expected.

Dad gum it. I forgot to load my photo of Bella eating NYC pizza. So, do I go ahead and tell you the story of pizza with minimal-to-no cheese on it, or wait until I remember to include my accompanying photo? You know what? Give me a few minutes and let's see how much content I find to share today.

Aaaaand, I found nothing from Yahoo nor from Consumerist. Next, I will see what I have saved in my blog ideas file. I first came across another entry in the 'Read the small print' file about a children's swimmer. Do NOT read this one before breakfast. No one can say they were not warned.
























Let's go with a clever political sign involving Captain Jack Sparrow wanting to Make America Great Again.
























The caption says it all.
























Somebody needs their morning coffee. I am not much of a coffee drinker. MBH (My Better Half) enjoys it black. SS (Salesman Son) prefers espresso. AAD (Almost Accountant Daughter) likes the froo-froo (frou frou? fru fru?) sweetened coffee drinks.





















Talk about having a bad helmet day. This guy nailed it, right?

















Amazingly, I found a second 'what if' scenario that I want to share. How many fireflies would it take to match the brightness of the Sun? Now, we can all find out.

Did I distract you sufficiently for you to forget about the NYC pizza conundrum? I hope so, because I have decided to try and wait on my story until the photo is available. Then again, if I wait, you might be expecting too much from it. You're right. Let's just tell it now and maybe still share the photo some day. OK, first, I am fairly certain it was Steve's Pizza based on looking at the map and the proximity to the 9/11 Memorial.
























And when we walked in, we had to choose which slice(s) we wanted. BTW, we sat up on the second floor which you can see in the lower left of the photo below. We sat right there above the letter 'Z'.











Where we sat is not the story, though. I was (and still am) moving away from veganism, and still have not added back in much cheese. So, I asked the staff which slice of pizza had the least cheese. As you can tell, they already have the pies made and they warm them for us. So, I could only pick from what I could see. Their response to my question about the pie with the least cheese? Have you guessed yet? It was the cheese pizza. You heard correctly. The cheese pie had the least amount of cheese. It was good, but I do not remember if I ate all the cheese or pulled some of it off.

I got so caught up in today's post that I did not watch the clock. I see that I have reached my normally allotted time of 90 minutes, so I will sign off now. Hey, I have not found a comic-building site or app yet. This is bumming me out. I just dug around on the interweb and found that bitstrips was purchased by Snapchat earlier this year for $100M. Still, why would they shut it down? Why wouldn't they maybe market it as a way to let your avatar self share your feelings on Snapchat or something like that? Anyway, I am still searching. Right now, my criteria include the option of creating my own characters and not being stuck with theirs. I suppose I may end up eliminating that requirement.

Now, my time is even more up. I need to get to work, and you need to stand and stretch your legs. Tonight is Chorale practice, so I may or may not load up vacation photos tonight. I am just helping you to temper your enthusiasm. As always, it can be a Tremendous Tuesday if you let it.

No comments: