Tuesday, July 19, 2016

A Bread-Stacking, Banjo-Picking Blog Well Worth an 'A'

What happened last night? I am not sure, but I ended up not working on today's blog post at all. I did not look for articles to share, nor did I pull up any photos from our recent trip. That puts extra pressure on me this morning.

Actually, one thing we did was drop off a car at our mechanic's house to get the A/C fixed. That only used up maybe 30 minutes though.

Oh, one of the reasons was because I am sharing my photos with the family, which means uploading them to a nephew's web site. I have moved all my photos, and have begun copying the drone footage. I have Chorale practice tonight, so it will likely be tomorrow evening before I get everything uploaded. Then again, I have also not pulled any photos from our phones yet, so maybe it will be Thursday before I finish.

One thoughtful gift from Ex-NZ Niece and her hubby was a version of Monopoly customized for her grandfather. Here is a group of family members playing it for the first time.


















When we weren't playing games, though, we might have been picking and grinning. This shot is from the common area of the house rented for GrandDad and Preacher Bro's families.
















Or sometimes, just grinning. This was on the back porch of the GrandDad house.
















That house did have a little fridge that we used for water bottles, but it did not have a water dispenser, However, the web has this photo of a water dispenser that looks a little wasted.
























This photo looks like something any number of family members might have tried... or still might once they see the photo.
























A clever business sign:























And I liked this letter from camp:
























As I come to the end of today's post, I remember one thing I spent time on last night. I am till trying to find a suitable replacement tool to create my Clarity of Vision comics now that bitstrips.com is out of business. If you look back at older blog posts, you will see that I used Microsoft Vision as my tool of choice for many years. It used only black circles to represent the characters. Then, I moved to bistrips and was able to create my own characters that resembled the people they were based on. So, I would like to find a good tool that lets me again make the figures look like people I know. I am not quite there yet. Yes, I am still looking and spent a good hour last night trying to make my personal avatar in one of them. I am not satisfied yet.

Well, let's get off of my artistic soapbox and say goodbye for today. I am about 10 minutes behind the time I normally like to finish, so let's say "Adieu". Go ahead. Say it. I'll be back soon with more fun stuff.

No comments: