Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Chorale and Clinton and Calories and Clarity. What More Could You Ask?

When I got home from Chorale practice last night, MBH was on the computer. So, combining that with the lateness of the hour means that I did not upload any family photos to share today. Granted, my backlog of pictures is running low, so missing one day is not going to impact you seeing all my photos before our next trip. Still, I felt that I owed you an explanation.

We do have a family reunion trip coming up. I think that everyone is coming except for Teacher Daughter. Oh, wait. I need a new name for her. She accepted a one-year contract in a local city's HR department and is finishing her Masters in Accounting, so I think her teaching days my be finished. It could be something like ADD (Accounting Daughter Dearest) since I cannot find a way to make it ADHD (just because I thought that would be funny).

Anyway, I am seeing some excitement and some planning going on via email as we get ready for the reunion with 45 of us in a town whose population is only 1,000. We've got some hiking opportunities, some are going horseback riding, some shopping, some 4-wheeling. River rafting is available less than an hour away, but I haven't heard anyone planning that this time. We'll all be bringing some games. One family is bringing 'Wet Head'. They made a funny video of them playing. I will be bringing a couple of drones. Our last reunion was back in 2007, so this will be fun.
























Today's really bad joke from my calendar:
My sister bet me $100 I couldn't build a car out of spaghetti. You should've seen the look on her face as I drove pasta!

Can you believe that there will be no charges against Hillary Clinton for her use of a private email server as Secretary of State? Actually, I can. Didn't we all suspect this would be the end result? Even given this, though, I am not automatically driven to choose Donald Trump for president, either. This November will be a really tough choice, people.

Our reunion will include all ages, from 2 to almost 80. Of course, you can imagine it will be a challenge to get us all fed for each meal. I came across a chart that describes how many calories each of us should be eating. It differs between men and women, and young to old. Here, take a look.


























You know what we haven't done in a while? Looked for Momo. Let's take a break for a couple of shots.



































Here's another of the various jokes that our Chorale director periodically tells as he introduces a song.
A new business was opening and one of the owner's friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card, "Rest in Peace." The owner was angry and called the florist to complain.

After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied, "Sir, I'm really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this, 'Somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, 'Congratulations on your new location.'"

While I was looking for that last joke, I came across this. It is my kind of cartoon.
























The other day, I shared a photo of Vivian the Dog Photoshopped to show how she thinks of herself. Here she is again, this time looking at her owner from 'time out'.


















On another day, I shared a photo from a series about reading the small print. Here is another from that series about how small is small.


















One thing that is not small is the amount of humor crammed into each and every one of the Clarity of Vision comics.












I definitely need to get some stuff done quickly today so I can get home and play with my drone. Soon, I will be flying it around and saying, "Here's looking at you, kid." No, I probably will never say that, but I do expect to have it up and flying and taking movies and photos very soon. One thing I am likely to say is a lyric from a Beatles' song. "You'd better run for your life if you can, little girl."

OK, it is Wednesday. Hump Day. We are hitting the downhill side of the week, and I am still excited, even though this is a nice, holiday-shortened week. Have a great day.

No comments: