Thursday, July 28, 2016

Down? Sure, But Don't Make Me Angry. You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry

“What’s the lactation schedule for sheep?” Would you know how to answer that question? How about “Why is blue cheese pierced with needles?” Do you know? Do you care? I do not, and I do not. However, these are two of the possible questions on the 150-question examination to become a Certified Cheese Professionals. This certification has been offered since 2012, but you have already missed this year's exam. You can learn a little more about it here.

My job is one where I sit at a desk all day. How about you? I imagine you have heard that this is very unhealthy for us. Experts say it contributes to risk of metabolic syndrome, heart attack and stroke risk and overall death risk, among others. Those who sit a great deal also have lower life expectancies, larger bottoms and slower metabolisms. What can we do about it? This article has some suggestions, some of which I could do (walking laps around my floor), and some of which won't happen (such as a standing or treadmill desk).















I saw this quote yesterday and thought it was clever. I was also surprised that I had not heard it before.
If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
Vince Lombardi, coach

I read an article a week or two ago about 'positive framing,' truly seeking and finding the positive outcome of a negative experience. How do you handle the negative or bad things that happen in your life. The article talks about a Chinese story where a man loses his only plowing horse, but faces that loss saying, "Bad luck or good luck, who knows?” It goes on saying that his son then captured a young, strong wild horse. But that horse breaks his son's leg. While it was broken, the Chinese military comes to enlist able bodied young men to serve in an upcoming battle. The son is spared because of his broken leg. Anyway, I agree we should always look for lessons or positives in each situation. It is a short read. Go check it out.

Remember the images I have posted about reading the small print? I liked this one for pet shampoo.


















Who knew that The Hulk was real? Here is a photo of him, and since he is green, he must be really mad, right? This guy nailed it!

















I hope these letters from camp are not 'torcher' for you.























I will not mention 'the humanity' as I present this cleverly named business.


















This week has seemed extra busy or stressful or something. Maybe it is because I know my current boss is out the door next Wednesday? I don't know. I do know that I have updated my resume. I have not applied anywhere else yet, though. Yes, moving will mean lower pay and going back to two weeks vacation. However, I want a job that I enjoy and look forward to going in each day. Is that too much to ask?

Wow, sorry to be such a downer at the end of today's blog post. Hopefully, I will be back to normal by tomorrow, right? Maybe I should go back and read the Positive Framing article that I mentioned above? Please, each of you make it a Thrilling Thursday to counterbalance my mood. See you soon.

No comments: