Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Cousins and Chorale and Cussin' Hot Car

Let's jump right into the controversy today. No, nothing about the presidential election this year and the two candidates from which we must choose. I am talking about whether or not NASA faked the moon landing 47 years ago today. You can find article claiming it could easily have been faked, and an equal number claim to prove it DID happen. Personally, I believe it did happen, but there is no way I could prove that. Anyway, it all started on this date in history.

I can see why some would take offense, but I do think this is kind of funny.







Would you trust Billboard when it comes to identifying the most popular album of every year since 1956? I think that I would. So, do you already know which album was on top the year your were born? Or when your kids were born? Now, you can use this article to end the debate and know what topped the charts the year your were born. As the article states, the earliest years were led by musical soundtracks. And, very surprisingly to me, the list does not include albums by The Beatles nor the Rolling Stones nor Led Zeppelin. BTW, the example I included below now immediately reminds me of the 'In the Garden of Eden' version from a Simpsons episode. And, according to the official Iron Butterfly web site, "the song was supposed to have been named 'In The Garden of Eden,' but the singer was slurring his words when he told Ron Bushy, the drummer, the title, and the garbled name stuck. That’s rock for you!"














Let's see some photos. At a family reunion, we all want to catch up on what is happening in everyone else's lives. Here, you can see a bunch of us visiting in the den of the main house.
















And the younger cousins also get a chance to visit and play with each other.
















Sometimes, though, all that visiting and playing can be so tiring. Here, IT Sis is holding one of her GRANDS. Wait, was it her who was tired or the baby?
















Yes, I did ask him if he was in the corner because he was bad, but he assured me that was not the case.
























Yesterday, we got a call that the A/C on one of our cars was fixed and it was ready for pickup. So, we went to the mechanic's place and drove it home. The A/C did not work and we made arrangements to take it back. When I went to restart it, a belt or something was slipping and burning, so we had to have it towed. The mechanic assured me he ran it for 10 minutes and it was blowing 50F for him. Hopefully, he can take care of that today.


















Some of the family went to the hot springs during our Colorado visit. However, this is NOT a photo of any of them...I don't think. It is actually from the Nailed It photo series.

















I also still have some Explain a Plot Badly entries left. How about this one for Forrest Gump?




















I did go to Chorale practice last night, but maybe my allergies were acting up or something because I struggled a bit. I did NOT find a new app to create my CoV comics yet. Hopefully, I can get that taken care of soon.  Between returning the car and the choir practice, my evening was plenty full.

My day is also very full, so I need to get it started. Thanks for stopping by on this Wonderful Wednesday. Make it a great one, my friends.

No comments: