Friday, July 08, 2016

No Bits from Bitstrips Left :(

Five Dallas police officers shot in a planned ambush. That is a horrible event, and a horrible way to start today's blog post. It deserves comment, though. I know the protest was planned around Black Lives matter, but all lives matter. We shouldn't be shooting each other. All we can do is pray for each other, and pray for the country and its leaders.

First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. (Romans 13:1-4)

The Mega Millions lottery has reached an estimated $540 million. Tonight, someone could win that money and become rich in a matter of moments. Will it be you? It will not be me since I did not buy a ticket. Why? The current odds of winning or sharing a Mega Millions jackpot 1 in about 258.9 million. I suppose that, maybe if I already had $260 million, I could buy every number and be assured of winning. If someone else had them, too, I would only win half of it. Well, that's a moot point anyway. Out of curiosity, though, you might want to read Mark Cuban's advice to whoever wins.

If you won, though, I bet you'd be walking on air. Hey, I just saw a photo of the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, levitating.
























Do you remember yesterday? Oops. I didn't finish the question, so don't answer yet. Unless you actually do not remember yesterday. Sorry. I got distracted. Do you remember that, yesterday, I mentioned I was having trouble with my drone? Last night, I got it to work a couple of times, including linking to the GPS satellites. It was late, so I haven't taken it up very far yet. Maybe tonight, I can play a bit.

Hey, diddle, diddle. Check out this photo of a clothing label from the 'Read the small print' file:
















And Vivan, the dachshund, is back after a walk on the pier. Wow, this guy is good with his Photoshop, making sure shadows match and everything.

















This guy nailed it when he made a Tinkerbell pancake. And by 'nailed it', I mean 'not even close'. It's like those Pinterest Fail postings. Sadly, for me, I think this guy did much better than I would have.


















I do still have some Explain a Plot Badly Twitter posts. How about this one for Harry Potter?






















I also found some funny letters from kids at camp.
















I was working on my CoV for today...












when this message popped up.








This is not good. Now, I need to find another tool for Clarity of Vision. And we've all gotten used to my characters. Good thing I have next week off to help me recover. A quick scan shows that Pixton might be a good alternative. I'll check it out soon.

OK, two things. One, it is Friday! It always seems to me that holiday-shortened weeks last way longer than regular weeks. Two, I will likely be sporadic in publishing a blog during our vacay. So, just sit tight if you do not hear from me. Talk to you soon.

No comments: