Wednesday, December 05, 2012

What Really Matters (And It's Probably Not a Job)

At the moment, all I can think about is preparing for a 1pm phone interview. I am reviewing ll my notes from my Certified Associate in Project Management training, and what items I placed on my resume so I can present myself as not only a viable candidate, but the obvious choice.

However, as often happens, maybe I am focusing on the wrong thing as I worry about my future. From our Bible Study of John Piper's book What Jesus Demands From the WorldWhen a person is born anew and experiences repentance, his attitude about Jesus changes. Jesus himself becomes the central focus and supreme value of life. Before the new birth happens and repentance occurs, a hundred other things seem more important and more attractive: health, family, job, friends, sports, music, food, sex, hobbies, retirement. But when God gives the radical change of new birth and repentance, Jesus himself becomes our supreme treasure. So, before I get back into my interview prep, I am taking a few minutes for Bible study and prayer to know His will.

I know this is old news, but I had not seen it before. Bethlehemian Rhapsody

You remember that we had a Chorale concert Sunday night. On the drive, Dad told me a story about our niece, Audrey. She chose a book for my sister (her Grammy) to read that Dad thought was an odd choice. It was about the way our Founding Fathers set up legislature and laws, etc. It was quite a long book and she sat patiently throughout the entire reading. When it finished, she told Grammy, "I thought it was about pirates." Why did she think that? The drawing on the cover of the book showed a man in a tri-cornered hat.

Is your Christmas shopping all done? I think ours is, thanks to MBH (My Better Half). In that theme, here is Santa visiting the girls at the breakfast at NPX.

And here is a shot of the grounds at our hotel.

Well, I have about 3-1/2 hours to get ready, so I will leave you now. Oh, a friend at Apollo (actually, the guy that helped me get that job sent me info on another job possibility, so I will check on that after my interview. Remember, pray at 1pm.

1 comment:

denise tucker said...

even though i am probably 24 hours late? i will still pray for your job situation....since your blog is on "central/pacific/universal" and whatever else other kind of time there may be--cute picture of the grands, yes its great to have a better 1/2 who is the "organized-santa" !! tonight will be kylee's first christmas concert at school, she is pretty excited; cassandra has a move in date of her house on the 28th hopefully all goes well paperwork wise? is a blessing no matter how it took for the tiresome process...well better get busy and finish reading emails, havent felt inspired yet to write in my blog? maybe after the 1st of the year will have more brain cells? [chow------------