Monday, December 17, 2012

Singing, Stems, and Searching

Let's talk about music first.

Did any of you watch The Sing-Off during the last 2-3 years. Last year's winner, Pentatonix, released a video of Carol of the Bells. Check it out. I think KDW has a copy of the EP. I may have to get a copy.

Here is a video of the East Valley Chorale concert last week when we sang Angels Are Making Their Rounds. I think it is my favorite of this year's Christmas music. Check out Dad up top. Hey, did he hire his own videographer?

By the way, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day is also a favorite, but it is not new to the group as we sang it last year. Here is Casting Crowns' version.

Before we leave East Valley Chorale on YouTube, here is one more, filmed last night at our final concert of the year.

The crew is due back from The Dis sometime today. I heard it rained a bit, but they still got to ride everything. It seems Cars Land is a hit. Maybe by the time I see it, the "new" will have worn off and I can more easily ride everything.

Do you want to see a photo today? Well I want to show you one. Here is a photo of tall aspen that have already lost the lower leaves, framing a stand of evergreens. Architect's wife should enjoy that you can really focus on the "stems."

Today is a follow-up day in the job search. I will reach out to ASU and see where they are in the process, officially apply for the Apollo Group job, and do some knowledge study before tomorrow's final ADP interview. As I mentioned last week though, ADP is my leading candidate since it is a management-level job. Did I tell y'all that I am apparently the leading choice out of 44 applicants? However, nothing is for sure until I accept an offer, so I will continue with the other efforts I just told you about.

Dad will be over later to do some work on the shower. I will help where he needs. I also hope to finish the Ouray photo book today, so I gots to go. As John Wayne said in The Cowboys (they won yesterday, by the way, and did the Cards), "Slap some bacon on a biscuit and let's go. We're burning daylight."

3 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

We watched the Cowboys on NFL game pass. When you open the application it will say if a game is final. The Cowboys said Final OT. So I watched the whole thing knowing it would go to OT but not knowing who would win. And I still found myself nervous that somehow we would lose in regulation despite the OT warning! To much info...yes.

Keith said...

Thanks for the links to the EVC music!

Keith said...

Happy Birthday!