Friday, December 14, 2012

The End of a Crazy Week

I have just finished my final interview of the week. Two of them were with ADP, once with the VP who would be my boss and once with two guys who would be my peers. It certainly sounds like an exciting but challenging position. We would each have 10-12 people working for us who each handle 12-15 implementation accounts. Whew.

One of the interviews was ASU where I would be a Sr. Project Manager working 3-5 projects at a time. I also mentioned to them that I would be interested in being part of the client training team for the new time tracking system. Lowest pay, but lowest stress (I think).

And the other was my lunch meeting yesterday about going back to my previous employer as a Sr. Project Manager. I am not sure how I feel about that yet, but I suspect it would be the highest paying of the three.

The interviews, though, are not the biggest part of the story. The stupid dog got me up at 2am to go out. Once I got back to bed, I tossed and turned until 4:30am. Since I was awake anyway, I decided to think about what I want for my next few years and pray about what God wants for me. Throughout this two-plus hours, I just kept praying that I want His will and not my own, and praying that I would know His answer. It is not (only) about money. It is about enjoying the work, enjoying coworkers, enjoying my time off. Once I felt like I was hearing His voice, I knew that I want to move back into a management position at some point, so if any of these do not offer that growth opportunity within a couple of years, I will most likely pass on it.

Last night, I played some more with photos, but have not yet achieved my inspiration goal. You can see at the link the look I was seeking, but I used this shot and didn't get there. I will look for another starting point.

It is the weekend of the annual Disneyland Birthday trip for Kendall and myself. Unfortunately, I am not going. The cost is just too steep when I don't have a job. I'll have to live it along with all of you when LMW shares her photos in Facebook. I'll let you know when it happens. It looks like rain over the weekend, so maybe that will keep down the crowds for them.

OK, let's get our weekend on. See you next week.

Wait, I just got a call from ADP. The recruiter said I must have done something right because I am on to the final interview this coming Tuesday. Whoo hoo.

OK, now it is really the end.

No comments: