Thursday, December 20, 2012

GCv$vP

You know what? Today's title would probably make a good password. You are probably thinking, "Yes, but how would I remember that?" It came from a story I saw on the news this morning. They were talking about $1B in gift cards that go unused each year. They also said that 85% of people in US will get at least one gift card this year.  So, which would you rather have? A gift card or cash or an actual present. Yes, the title means Gift Card vs ca$h vs Present. The problem with cash, at least for me, is that I may end up spending it as part of a bill or a trip to the store. Of course, getting a present could mean you get one that you don't really like or need. Then again, it means they thought just about you and chose something they felt you would like. However, I recently found some gift cards from last Christmas. I'm a mess, huh? Which do you prefer?

I found some links in YouTube yesterday that are either really cool or really funny. Let's start with one that made MBH and me laugh a lot, but TD (the daughter) wasn't as enamored with. It involves songs from Eminem, Outkast, and others whose names she told me but I cannot remember right now. Stay with it through the end and you will see they are available for weddings, bar mitzvahs, etc. Here is the video.

And here is some nice music. It is the cellist from ThePianoGuys playing The Cello Song (for 8 cellos).

Finally, a one-woman Disney Musical.

You may remember that I was (not so) secretly hoping to get a job offer on my birthday. I did not, but it is not a lost cause. They have two more people they want me to interview today at 4:30pm. The recruiter assures me this really are the final interviews. So, by tomorrow, I should be able to decide about follow-up on the other possibilities, too.

MBH is home today with a stomach virus or something. I am staying in the front of the house and she is in bed. It is apparently going around at school. Get well soon, dear.

OK, we will end with another page from the photo book. We'll visit more tomorrow.


No comments: