Monday, December 10, 2012

I Write This Before My Day Begins...Usually

In my post-workaday life, I usually drop MBH (my better half) off at work (because I need the car) and hit the gym. Once I get home, I break my evening fast (get it, breakfast? break fast?) and then sit down at the computer. I glance through email, then focus on writing this blog. So, oftentimes, I give you the previous day's updates before I know what today holds.

So, today, I will give ADP a call so we can set up a phone interview for a job here. Whoo hoo, right? Kind of like ASU did last week when they said they would get back to me this week, but called back 45 min later, these guys did a similar thing. A friend connected me to the opening and I talked to the hiring manager (not an official interview. She was just helping me understand the position). Anyway, about an hour later, HR called back and said they felt I was not the best candidate because I had way too much experience for this job and, sure enough, they pay was around 1/2 of what I made at Apollo. They said I would be a better fit to be the manager of that group and they would forward my resume and cover letter to the hiring VP up in NJ. So, I need to call this morning and set up a time to talk during the week. And my onsite interview at ASU is Wed. And a friend at Apollo called and said a manager position is open that he thinks I could handle. As I told family, I am praying for God's guidance in this search, and praise Him that these people are contacting me.

I have not yet started this week's demands (#4,5,6) in What Jesus Demands From the World, but we had a good lesson yesterday on #1,2,3. The author is definitely Calvanistic in his beliefs, but it does make for interesting discussion. If you want to see what I am talking about, there is a link on last Friday's post.

How 'bout them Cardinals yesterday, huh? Luckily, we helped GDad and GMom hang their Christmas decorations, so did not watch the first half. Then, the Chorale had a concert last night, so we did not watch the second half. I think that was God protecting our sensitive nature. Don't know what I am talking about? Check out the story on Yahoo Sports. On second thought, maybe you'd better not.

More importantly, though, today is Kendall's fifth birthday. Congratulations. Kenzie! We love you dearly. We went to her party on Saturday, and here she is blowing our the candles on her cupcake. No, I don't remember which flavor this is. Like her shirt showing she is 5? No, you will not see me wearing one of these on my birthday.

Luckily, though, GDad fixed their oven, so Lyndsay could once again do her baking magic. Check this spread.

At the gym, I was listening to Christmas in December, but the local TV channels were on the TV screens. One of them said MN was clobbered by a snowstorm. When is the last time you heard "clobbered," much less saw it on screen?

OK, once again, you have been more than patient with my ramblings. I am now ready to start my day, so I will put on a load of laundry and hit the shower. I'll let you know when the ADP phone interview is scheduled and if the Apollo face-to-face will happen.

No comments: