Thursday, April 27, 2006

Surviving US Airways

Whew! It turns out that the last 48 hours of system and network debugging were wasted. The slowness in the employee travel application that we installed was because the developers in India had not turned off debug mode. So, everyone trying to use the system were all trying to write to the same debug file. 10,000+ people, all at once. Once the problem was identified at 9:30pm tonight, the system started working as expected. Yeah! Well, what I mean is that we can now begin to debug the app and not be distracted by the infrastructure around it. I know there are problems because I just looked at PHX to BWI (Baltimore). It gave me two screens of valid flights, but then the third screen displayed return flights from BWI to LAS (Las Vegas). Another offered me a return flight from SEA (Seattle) to PHX. Whaa?

As for we, I am bushed. Maybe because I've been bushwhacked for the last two days.

Survivor - terry won immunity...again. He is the only one so far to win individual immunity. 4 times in a row. Come on, people. Vote out Shane the Whiner!!!

3 comments:

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

ok well i am totally confused...but i think what you were saying is that everything is good, iam happy. as for survivor i agree about shane and cerie came up with a genius plan right? the look on shane's face was priceless.

Auntie Eisel said...

Uh, yeah... was I supposed to follow that??

Caleb said...

BWI, isn't that a really fancy car?