Saturday, April 22, 2006

We left our hearts...

Whew! Let me see if I learned from Leigh on listing times in her recent post. I got up at 3:15 to check us in. America West lets us use web checkin 4 hrs before a flight leaves. We were standby #1 and #2. We left the house at 5:15am. Arrived at airport parking by 5:35am. Security cleared us at 5:51am. We heard another flight had been cancelled last night, so ours was overbooked. Well, we got on and let on time at 7:05am. We landed in SF at 9:06am, also on time.

We rode BART to Powell St and then took the cable car down to the Wharf. We got there at 10:35am.Walked up and down. Took some photos, but I'm not gonna load them tonight. I learned that lesson from Lindsay. I called Dad and asked him to check us in around 2:15pm. We had clam chowder in bread bowls for lunch out at Pier 39. We toured Boudin Bread factory after lunch. So, waiting in line for the return cable car, I checked with Dad. Oops. The site doesn't work on Macs, so he went over to Carey's place. Oops #2. I gave him the wrong password. So, he just had Carey do it for us. Thanks, Carey.

OK, we got home at about 8:45pm. Still, our first time to say, "Yes, we just had to have SF sourdough for lunch, so we flew over for the day." I think we'll stay in town next weekend.

And, by the way...we had fun! If you had fun, you won.

Thanks for song ideas on the last post. Anybody else?

4 comments:

Caleb said...

Now and days, I don't even have to read your blog. Dad always reads yours out loud. Maybe you're his favorite brother that posts. I've decided that I'm gonna work for an airline.

Auntie Eisel said...

I'm thinkin' that would be awsome if Caleb worked for an airline. You should hook us up for a weekend in SF. :) Sounds like fun!!

Brenda Walker said...

Yes, that is just a cool perk! Brenda and I are a little jealous, although, we could probably do SF for a day without the plane ride. Either way though, the plane is still cooler!

CrazyUncle said...

It is cool to be able to travel free, but you still have to go through all that airport junk. And there could be a lot of waiting if you don't make you first and second choices of flights. People tell me stories of sitting there for 4 hours, then going on home.

Laurie, the only way I could get you to SF is if you pay for it. This benefit is only extended to spouse, dependent kids, and the employee's folks. If the employee has no living parents, then the in-laws can be added. So, even Kyle and Alison don't get to fly.