Wednesday, April 26, 2006

While It's Still Today

I thought I'd pop a post out here while it is still Wednesday. We started to install a new application for web-based employee travel last night at 9. I went home and went to bed, because I am a manager over these people and not a worker-bee. Hmm. Seems I spoke too soon. It was supposed to go live at 6am. It is now 10:15pm and we are still not finished. The system is live, but is dog slow and has a few data errors. My boss and his boss were here earlier (around 6pm), but they went on home. After all, they are managers. So, my boss said call him when we get it cleaned up. Oh well.

So, I missed choir practice. I missed CSI:Miami. I missed Kathie, Gizmo, Morris, and Chino. I missed daylight. I missed dinner.

3 comments:

Katie80 said...

Sorry to hear that! Sounds like an awful lot of work. Hope Aunt Kathie didn't have dinner sitting on the table getting cold...she probably knows better than that by now, huh? :)
Hope the weekend comes quickly and you don't have to spend it at work!

Brenda Walker said...

Ah, the joys of work! Almost makes me happy I'm still paid by the hour!

CrazyUncle said...

Now, I see the true price of space available travel, huh? The system is still not working correctly. A team with people from PHX, D.C., Rio de Janeiro, Dallas, Tulsa, and India are working on it. The good thing...it's not our application. The bad thing...if the network won't let them get to the app, it doesn't matter if the app works.