Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Leave Phoenix??

What happened to the 'o' in Phoenix? Why don't we pronounce it? Weird. And why is weird spelled so weird?

Well, Pat approved my cover letters and I applied for jobs at Harvard, ASU, Kforce in Portland, and the Mayo Clinic.

Why do my cover letter need to be approved? Well, I am writing them using a T-format. So, on the left, I list the top expectations as stated in the ad. On the right, I address each expectation and how my experience matches it. Chandler Hill's experience shows that, by helping them with the initial screening, we get past the first resume screening.

Now, I will work on some letters to companies that I choose that are not advertising. I ask for 15 minutes to understand the market they are in and how can I tailor my search or reinforce my skills to work in that industry.

1 comment:

Auntie Eisel said...

Hey Uncle Randy! I didn't know you had a blog. Cool.