Monday, September 19, 2005

Helping Katrina Evacuees

Whew! Kathie has been really wanting to do something to help Katrina victims. She'd really like to donate to the ASPCA of La, but I'm pushing back on that until I have a job. Tonight, she surfed a little looking at a posting board for people searching for their pets. That's a sad situation. Lauri, just think if you had to leave Daisy behind. Some of them are looking for trained helper dogs that they had to abandon becuase rescue workers wouldn't let them come.

Anyway, on the news last night, they said they really need gently used furniture for those that have decided to move to AZ and settle. Yee Haw. We've got 3 couches, a kitchen table, and a microwave that were available to our kids. They didn't want them, and I wasn't sure how to find a charity which would accept them. So, Dad and I took the stuff to St. Vincent de Paul today.

That's the good deed for today. I even gave up The Price Is Right for it. Then, I came home and got a little depressed looking through the online job sites. I didn't find anything to apply for today. That's OK. There's always tomorrow.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

Well, I did get a little sunburn on my face. No more spanish. I have never taken a single spanish class and so I don't understand a single word. Somehow I got through college with no foreign language.

I am praying for you in your job search.

Caleb said...

I read in a recent Mac Addict that you can put the upside down question marks in your stuff.¿Como esta su familia? However I am not yet a very elite Spanish speaker. I didn't copy Lindsay's idea, apparently you're pulling this forgein language thing on all of us.