Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Can't Get There From Here

Well, it was a day for being humbled. This morning, at Chandler Hill, my Campaign Manager asked me where my various phone scripts were. I need to be able to handle admins, voice mail, immediate link to the company contact I am wanting to meet, people who want to know why I am calling, etc. So, he took me through a mock phone call and stymied me pretty quickly. I worked some on scripts today, and will have first drafts for tomorrow. He hopes for us to begin calls Monday.

Then, tonight at choir, we prayed for the family that just lost that little girl to cancer, for those who lost family members and homes in Katrina, for those who have lost family members in Iraq and Afghanistan, for choir members who have unsaved family, for a choir member who is undergoing chemo. Yes, Lord, I need to keep my minor setbacks in perspective. As we sang tonight, "You're all I want. You're all I've ever needed." Make that so in my life.

5 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

Wow! I saw your comment on Alison's blog and I have to say I love the picture!

Brenda Walker said...

I have to comment on the picture as well, in the words of the infamous Napoleon Dynamite "That is flippin' Sweet!!!!".

Brenda Walker said...

Glad you finally put a picture up I was forgetting what you looked like

Katie80 said...

AWESOME picture!!

Jay said...

Dude your picture is awesome. I thought you were one of the Bee Gees.