Wednesday, September 28, 2005

He's Upgraded to a 2x6 Now

Well, if I thought God was using a 2x4 on me in an earlier post, I think he has upgraded it. Let's look at the day in chronological order.

I went to Chandler Hill at 10am to prepare for my 11am appt. I got all my documents and scripts in order and was ready. Well, it turns out that 11 was last Monday's time. Today, it was 2pm. OK, so I went back at 3 and made my first 3 calls, only to find that the person I was seeking no longer worked there. "Did you not verify the contact, as you were instructed in a prior assignment?" The next 2 worked OK, and I have a new name to follow up on Friday. No meetings scheduled yet.

Tonight, I had church choir. We practiced a couple of songs for Oct 3 and Oct 10. Then, the director had the gaul to have us meditate on the words of the last song. Let me share them.

"Blessed be Your Name in the land that is plentiful; Where Your streams of abundance flow, blessed be Your Name. Blessed be Your Name when I'm found in the desert place, though I walk through the wilderness, blessed be Your Name. Blessed be Your Name when the sun's shining down on me; When the world's all as it should be, blessed be Your Blessed be Your Name Name. on the road marked with suffering; Though there's pain in the offering, blessed be Your Name."

"Every blessing You pour out, I'll turn back to praise; When the darkness closes in, Lord, still I will say. Blessed be the Name of the Lord."

Bryan, the director, asked, how many of us get caught in the first part of each phrase and never choose to seek Him in the second part? D'oh. Don't you hate when they do that? Yeah, me too. Lord, I want to know You and Your will. Only then can I be happy in whatever circumstance I find myself.

10 comments:

SuzieQ said...

Kaylin is cracking up over your Rod Stewart song. I let her listen to the "real" song and she could not stop laughing about monks chanting those words. Of course, she thinks Rod is pretty funny, too. If we are supposed to answer the question, the answer is NO.

X's and O's said...

I know the teaching will not be as financially supportive as nursing would have been, but much more fulfilling! Congratulations on the fingerprints, mine were done on Tuesday! Good luck with substituting...oh how the kids are cruel! You'll have to let me know if you end up at Pima Elementary in Scottsdale so I can come visit you!! Have fun!!

Mimi and Poppy said...

Good morning Randall Eugene. I would love to say something deep and astute in response to your last posting. But I cannot. I am neither deep nor astute and I refuse to be preachy. But it looks to me like you are absolutely in the right place and on the right track.
I will say this one thing. In retrospect, hard times are the most valuable. Joel's death was the best thing that ever happened to me spiritually. I would never have run to God, desparate for Him had things continued on in their formerly rosy way. The experience changed us forever -- for the better. And that truth is clear as a bell in 20 year hindsight! We continue to pray for you daily and are so sorry you are having to deal with this mess.
On a lighter and more confused note -- Who are those other two people who commented and what in the world are they talking about? I knew I wouldn't get this bloggin thing.

Mimi and Poppy said...

I don't understand caresalot. I thought it was Carey. But then I didn't get Target either.

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Uncle Randy, I am sure that had we taken time to read earlier postings, we would know the answer to this question, but, what exactly are you doing with these contacts and meetings? Interviews, spies, substitute teaching as "x's and o's" seems to think? We are praying for you. And yes, not knowing what to wear to a shower that you are throwing is a girl thing. You don't want to wear a dress and sandals if everyone else will be in slacks and pumps, obviously.

Brenda Walker said...

Hey, no idea what's up with all them, but I would suggest a tank top, some cut off shorts and possibly socks and sandals. Oh, and by the way, I will happily give up Dorsey for you, my song provider.

Jay said...

I gotta tell ya uncle randy, maybe you should follow keith and become a preacher, or maybe a youth pastor or something. Every time I read your blog I get all convicted feeling.

Anyway you'll have to school me up on all this stuff your learning with finding a job, as I will be needing one in a year or so....=) That is leaving the military and finding one of those civilian jobs.
Later

CrazyUncle said...

Justin, none of that "preacher" stuff, please. I'm just a believer that seems to be learning things "the hard way."

Zachary, I do not think I'm going to take fashion advice from you. After all, I like having hair.

Kara, only 7% of jobs are found through classified ads. Over 75% is through networking. If you don't have any contacts, you must build your own network, So, I am sending letters to companies asking to interview decision makers. I will then ask them who else I can talk to. Ultimately, we expect one or more of them will like what they see and want me, even if they do not have an opening. And what's wrong with dressing to a different drummer. I was one of three that always wore shirt and tie to work at a company of 8000 people. And I did just sign up to be a substitute teacher.

Lindsay Ward said...

I like it that you try and push everyone else to do a new post and yet you let your own blog slide. Maybe that is because your comments are so long and rambling that you run out of time to post :)

SuzieQ said...

Yes...rambling and then desertion!!