Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Birthdays and Ignorocity

Happy b-day, Ali. I hope you had a good day. James, did you get her something?

Listen to this. I would have guessed that I was smarter than I apparently am. I went in to the job search office today and finalized my initial introduction letters to some companies. My Campaign Manager approved them and I printed them out on their nice printers and heavy bond paper. Another office staff helped me get the envelopes printed. Now, it's time to go home, sign them, stamp them, and mail them. No wait, you don't know where I am going yet.

This office does not validate parking. So, today was $6.00. Oops. I forgot my wallet. No money. No cards. No license. Luckily, they decided I could pay in the morning when I go back. Well, I made it home with no traffic stop. Kyle came by and I decided he could drop them at the post office on his way home. I sealed them and he took them for me. Did you see the step I missed? That's right. I forgot to sign them. D'oh!

At least I can go lose myself in singing at Chorale practice tonight. Even without a job, I can look forward to Tuesday night each week. Y'all keep praying, y'hear?

3 comments:

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

so..........not only did you waste my gas, but you wasted your envelopes as well? well....at least I know where that post office is now.

Brenda Walker said...

That is a bummer! Some weeks are like that I guess (sometimes entire years). As you so aptly reminded me, "God does know what He's doing, even when we're not sure!" Anyway, good luck, and we'll keep praying. How much is gas there anyway?

CrazyUncle said...

Z, I paid $2.89 for gasoline this morning.

K, it wasn't a waste to mail the letters. Just looks a tiny bit less professional not to have signed them. I did leave the space for it, so if they think about it, they will know I had a place to sign, but did not. Ah well.