Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Time Keeps on Slipping Into the Future

Oftentimes, I do not get around to loading photos on the night of Chorale practice, and that was true last night. So, I do not have any photos from any trips, and I did not yet create a Clarity of Vision. Even so, I do have some photos to share. One is a snap I captured of a photo for sale in one of Ouray's shops. I took it as an inspiration of a way I could package and sell my own (maybe)(someday).
















And the other three are pages from the 2014 Ouray calendar. First up is November and the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.
















The second is from June. It is a shot of Yankee Boy Basin from high up on the southern face.
















And the last is from the March calendar page of Yankee Girl Mine headframe.
















I woke up with Share the Land by the Guess Who in my head. No, I do not remember hearing it recently, especially since I listen to talk radio in the car. Weird, right?

I also woke up with an idea for a CoV in my head. However, on my commute this morning, I heard a story about Alan Gross being held in Cuba and negotiations underway to free him. So, that changed the topic of today's Clarity of Vision.












I learned a tidbit from this week's CBS Sunday Morning program. Do you know where the phrase 'in the limelight' comes from? I has to do with the intensity of the light coming from burning lime. Read about it here.

How many times have we heard the old argument that a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is racist? Never? Me, either. However, a Portland, OR, school district might disagree with you. Read this article to hear all the details, but here is a quote from the story. "What is racist about a child’s lunch, one might ask? Peanut butter and jelly, of course! You racists probably even use black currant jelly sometimes. On white bread...." That is out there, even for me.

By now, I am sure you have heard the (apparently true) story that Mountain Dew is coming out with a Doritos-flavored version? I know that even Stephen Colbert has reported it. Anyway, you can see a little more about it here.

It is almost movie-esque that we are trying to place a landing craft on a comet traveling through the solar system at 41,000mph. It is scheduled to land at 11:02EST today and right now, things are looking positive. I hope it lands safely.

Wow, Taylor Swift looks so young (at least, to me) in this new photo shoot.

And in another photo shoot, this article tells us 14 things about Krispy Kreme doughnuts and shows a single box containing 2,400 of them. That would definitely be for the young. Maybe Taylor would eat one? Or maybe some of you want to run in the Raleigh Krispy Kreme Challenge?

Have you heard about the renewal effort by Pizza Hut, including new flavors and crusts and a new logo? Well, by Nov 19, they expect to roll it out to all their sites. Consumerist has tried all the flavors, though, so you can read about it...TODAY!

How long would it take you to eat at Olive Garden 115 times? If you are like me, it would more than two years. For this guy, though, it took seven weeks.

It's Hump Day. Let's get it started.

No comments: