Wednesday, November 05, 2014

This Old House

Have you ever watched 'This Old House'? I have seen episodes before, but I admit I have seen it fewer times than I have seen Utopia. Ha ha, that was a canceled TV program joke. Anyway, I was looking through the photos for today's post and decided to share some shots of Ironton, CO. Why did I entitle today's post 'This Old House'? I hope the photos make that apparent.

Speaking of a parent, here is one peeking out from inside one of the abandoned buildings. She moved inside while some of us hiked up to Colorado Boy Mine.























And here, SS and fam are looking out the front window of another of the dwellings.






















Did I hear someone say they wanted to see XNZ Niece and HBH (her better half) in Ironton? Your wish is my command.















And finally, there is another building just up the road from the main grouping and we had to go check those out.






















Here is a shot of one of the town's houses from 1886. I did not take this one.














Did you know that yesterday was election day? Did you vote? Some of you probably voted early to avoid the hassle of waiting on line yesterday, right? I will now cleverly blend the election and Ironton with the following.














Before I leave this historic area for the day, I want to save a website to research Red Mountain Town (just south of Ironton) in the future (and look back through family photos). It says the jail is still standing in that area, as is the headframe of the National Belle Mine. I know we have been to the Corkscrew Turntable.

As if you need it or would even be surprised, here is a peek into the oddness that is my imagination.












I am sure that you have often wondered when the first photograph that included a person was taken. I mean, who has sat around with their buddies and discussed this point. Anyway, we now know the answer. 1838. You can see it and read about it on mashable.

I am much better at understanding or doing something when I have seen an example. So, when I see clever photo arrangement ideas on Pinterest, I click there and check it out. Here is one I saw the other day.
















Do you like McRibs? I think I heard they were back in McDonald's right now, but I would not bet on it. In any case, here is a new promo piece documenting what they are actually made of. It is not as bad as I feared.

More funny business signs:
At a Towing company: We don't charge an arm and a leg: We want tows.
On a Maternity Room door: Push. Push. Push!

More patient hospital charts:
Discharge status: Alive but without my permission.
Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year-old male, mentally alert but forgetful

Some days, I get the blog update out early, and some days, I am delayed either by actual work or because I kept scouring the interweb looking for interesting content. Today's delay was the latter. I did not really find much, so we can get our Wednesday started now.

No comments: