Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Falling In The Dark?

Oh come on! Surely all of your Ouray veterans recognize this scene. We saw it almost every night last year (and quite a few times this year).

Now this one looks familiar, but there is a twist. I dragged Kathie back out there after dark one night. She was standing guard so no bears would get me while I took 20-40 second photos in almost total darkness. We didn't really see the scene until later when we reviewed the pictures. Most turned out blurry, because I had to focus manually and I couldn't see the falls. This one came out OK. At first, I adjusted it in Photoshop, but it turns it so bright that you couldn't tell it was a night photo. So, here you go. I know. Turn out the lights in your house and then look at it. That'll give you a sense of what we faced.

1 comment:

Zachary said...

That is cool, I have really wanted to try something like that with Brenda's camera, but haven't really had the chance yet!