Thursday, August 02, 2007

There's no need to fear

Nice verse for the day. James 1:22 Do not merely listen to the word, and so deceive yourselves. Do what it says. If I believe that, I cannot be depressed about the lack of replies to my job applications. And Luke 12:27-31 says Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today, and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, how much more will he clothe you, O you of little faith! And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well.

Anyway, when I started this post, all I was thinking about was that I am starting to worry about not having a job or even a prospect of one right now. Then, all those verses came to mind. My original title was going to be "What? Me worry?" Now, I'll give it another title.

I feel your prayers and support. Thanks to all of you for checking in on my blog.

3 comments:

Auntie Eisel said...

You're quite welcome for checking on your blog!:) I guess it's good to be learning things, though I imagine it must be frustrating. I'm not so sure what I'd be thinking.....

Mimi and Poppy said...

We are praying for you and all the things you are dealing with right now. Faith is such an interesting thing and mine is so disappointing. It's easy to talk about, it's easy to claim I have, it's easy to think I have lots of it -- right up til the difficulty hits! Then the shaking starts and I realize I have little faith and am disappointed in myself again. Thankfully myself is not the source of the faith -- "Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. We love you Randy -- Rick sent the pictures to Dad.

Katie80 said...

I'll tell you what gets to me. While we know that God will work everything out, we also know that "working out" to God is so much different than what we view as "working out". So not only do we have to trust Him when things seem to be hopeless, but we have to trust knowing that the way he resolves this situation might (and probably) won't be a way that seems resolved to us. Okay, maybe I am struggling with trust/worry issues. Anyway, thanks for the verses.