Monday, August 13, 2007

Let's Just Get It Over With

I left a voice mail for the surgeon today. Let's just go ahead and get the surgery done ASAP. I know he said there is no real hurry. It is a slow moving cancer and he is fairly certain it has not spread, but now is a good time since I do not have a job. I can stay home and complete my recovery.

Hey, readers, I did have a teacher suggest I could be her paraprofessional while they search for a full-time person. Hmm, it would pay the bills, right?

While looking through my LPs, we came across an ad campaign record put out by McDonalds back in the 70s. That was pretty funny. However, we had a copy that said we did not win, so I don't know why I still have it.

DKW, I am at 4401 songs now. Nowhere near Susan's 13K, but I'll do what I can.

Have y'all ever heard Anuna? I like their music, especially Dulaman. That is really cool. I moves back and forth between 6/8 and 7/8 (I am not sure how to annotate 6 eighth notes per measure and 7 eighth notes per measure). You can hear (and see) some of it on You Tube at http://youtube.com/watch?v=odS8Xu7ZyEA. Dulaman comes in at about 1 minute into the video. This also shows some of the songs from the PBS special that I saw the other night. They will be in concert here in PHX in Nov in Mesa.I may have to go. They also show they will be at Borders here Aug 21 at 7:30. Hmm.

I also see that you can hear the entire song on their MySpace page at http://www.myspace.com/anuna. Also check out the chords they build in Song of Oisin.

4 comments:

Mimi and Poppy said...

I don't even know those words you are using about groups and those letters you are using about places. You are way cool about music -- always have been. You just keep working on those 8th notes and different meters. I'm sure you can do it. Surgery, huh? That's all the comment I can muster about that subject. But we are praying for you and your health, family and doctor. Love you tons.

SuzieQ said...

So, I actually had to stop and think what you meant by "LP". Are you going to load those into iTunes??

SuzieQ said...

How come it says you have to approve my comment??? Maybe I typed that stupid word wrong??

Anonymous said...

Randy - My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I pray for a speedy and full recovery. God Bless! Tracy Steiner