Friday, March 04, 2016

What Things Happened in 1966, 1967, 1969, 1970, 2016? Read On and Learn.

I did have a shower song today. It is a song from the 1970 youth musical Natural High by Ralph Carmichael and Kurt Kaiser. The song is My Little World. As usual, I have no idea why it popped into my head. I found a really bad version of it on youtube. It sounds like a group making fun of the song. Since I looked it up this morning, I will share the words with you.
Oh God of the stars, the sun and the moon,
Oh God of the wind and the sea,
Tho' You're everywhere, how amazing it is
That You can be here with me.

The uncharted craters of planets beyond
You know like the palm of Your hand,
And yet You're concerned with my little world.
Oh, help me to understand.

I know that miracles happen to people like me,
The moment we dare to believe,
For we are the object of God's mighty love,
Love greater that our little minds can conceive.

Well, the stars could collide, the sun could grow dim,
This whole universe pass away,
But nothing can change the promise that He made,
And Christ in my heart will stay

My Little World then led me to another song by that pair called Master Designer from the musical Tell It Like It Is in 1969. It begins with:
Cotton candy clouds, so fluffy and white,
Who put you there in a sky of deep blue?
Or do you just happen to float along,
Pretty and white in a sky so blue, so blue, sky so blue?
Do you remember that one? No? Not surprising since it is a few decades old.

Beginning March 10, Six Flags over Texas will debut a virtual reality roller coaster. No, it's not one of those things you can ride in a mall that bounces you around a bit, nor is it like Star Tours at Disneyland. It is an actual roller coaster, but you are in VR goggles or something so it looks like you are flying and it is synched to the actual roller coaster you are riding. Here, watch the video and see if that helps you understand.

How do the lyrics to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (1967) go? 'It was twenty years ago today....' Yeah, you know what I mean. Anyway, it was fifty years ago today (1966) that John Lennon made perhaps his most famous comment when he said that The Beatles were 'more popular than Jesus.' It caused one newspaper to write "'It's been a hard day's night' for John, Paul, George and Ringo since the 'brainy Beatle' suggested the British rock 'n' rollers were more popular than Jesus." Yes, it was a biiiig deal.

Artificial intelligence. Nope, I am not talking about my personal smarts. While some would claim it is not intelligence, I can attest that it is not artificial. WYSIWYG. However, modern science is moving us closer and closer to a more human-like AI all the time. However, the best AIs right now, such as Watson by IBM, can’t even pass an eighth-grade science test, much less go to medical school. They may be good at finding standalone pieces of info, but they are not yet ready to string together searches built on each other to arrive at a conclusion. You can read about it here.

Clever defaced sign time:
























How about this No Entry sign?
























A text I saw online:











Another chalk art sample? Sure.






















Bad pun dog is back:
























We are still moving some people around after the recent headcount reductions. Luckily for me, I have not moved... at least, not yet.












Do you realize we made it to another Friday? I imagine you already knew that, but it is always worth repeating. I've got a bit of a busy weekend, with a dinner with a niece and her hubby, Chorale practice on Saturday, GRANDS staying over Saturday night, and a Chorale concert with orchestra on Sunday night. It doesn't seem I will have time to work on finishing our tax return this weekend. It also seems I won't be able to do work work this weekend either. that's OK with me.

See you next week. Have a good one.

No comments: