Tuesday, March 08, 2016

It Ain't Heavy, It's My Blog

In 1969, the Hollies released a song entitled, 'He Ain't Heavy, He's my Brother.' You can click the link to learn more about the song, including its origins from 1884. However, this bit of trivia is here merely to serve as the intro to the fact that a British weightlifter has deadlifted 1,025 lbs. What brought the song to my mind was that this dude could have a 600 lb brother and still be able to say that. Crazy.














I am not finding much to share today. However, I do have something stored up for just such a day. A Twitter campaign for clever renaming of common words or phrases.






























Would you be able to participate in such a campaign? What phrases or words do you have clever replacements for? Of the three above, I think the Sun being a space heater is my favorite. I have more for another day.

Oh, to the commenter who noted that my wording was unclear yesterday about the tornado, I reworded it for future enlightenment seekers. Thanks.

The other day, I came across this video about awkward interactions with a boss and what you should and should not do. My favorite is the one where the guy jumps into a glass-walled office.

Another video I have been saving for one of these few-story days is about how far along humanoid robots have progressed. Check out this video from Boston Dynamics. You can see their robot walking in the snow, balancing itself, picking up boxes, etc.

Bad Pun Dog makes a triumphant return to the blog again today.
























Sad little Teddy Bear on the stairs in today's chalk art.
























The Nativity Workout from a Snapchat.























Graffiti with a purpose.
















Grocery store humor.
























Want some free public domain photos? Ask and ye shall receive. Here is a mill in Wisconsin as an example. I thought it was very nice.
















I would never do something like this. It sounds like something other grandfathers would do.












It's happening all around us. Can you feel it? It feels like the end. And it IS... the end of today's blog post. That means I will say goodbye and we will get together again soon, Make it a great day, my friends.

No comments: