Wednesday, March 23, 2016

I Woke Up In the City That Never Sleeps

Does the title of today's blog post bring to mind any specific locale? If not, then you need to get out more. Frank Sinatra sang a famous version of the song. Still nothing? Well, the first verse of the song includes the lyrics I tweaked above. The song, New York, New York, starts like this:
Start spreadin' the news,
I'm leavin' today.
I want to be a part of it,
New York, New York.
These vagabond shoes,
they're longin' to stray.
Right through the very heart of it,
New York, New York.
I wanna wake up in a city that doesn't sleep.
And find I'm king of the hill,
top of the heap.

Now that your creative juices are flowing, you are probably wishing you had a nice slice of pie right now. No, not a dessert. I'm talking a pizza pie from New York. If that's true, nothing could be more useful to you than some way to carry it for later.



















What's with all this New York-related stuff? Well, MBH and I just got back from celebrating a milestone anniversary with SS, D-I-L, and two GRANDS in NYC. Yup, we spent a few days staying at Times Square, seeing sights, musicals, and local eateries. Special thanks to Daughter-In-Love for planning it for us. We were there for five full days, and I gained 1.5 lbs. That's only 5 oz per day. Still, I would not want to keep that up for too long.

I didn't find much to share today from my web search (except for the pizza pocket shirt). And I have not processed any photos from my DSLR yet, so I will start with a couple from my phone. First is the night MBH and I took the GRANDS to Bubba Gumps in Times Square for her birthday. Here, they are singing to her after making her dance a bit to earn her special dessert.
























Next, a shot of Times Square.


















And finally, this plaque is placed in the sidewalk in front of the Imperial Theatre where we saw a Broadway musical. Maybe you can guess which one, if your creative juices are still flowing. I will tell you more about it in coming posts


















Did you know that I recently purchased a new HP Envy laptop? I took it with me on the trip to download photos each night. I cannot get it to boot. You may remember that, about a week ago, I mentioned I had that problem, but got around it. Turns out that, nope, I didn't. So, the company I purchased it from said contact Amazon to see about returning it. Also, one of the key caps has already popped off. I will not go with that model again, and probably not an HP of any kind.

The grandson of a high school friend committed suicide this past week, so keep Jo and her family in your prayers. I know it was hard when a nephew of ours was killed in a car accident a few years ago, so this family has a long healing process ahead of them.

Let's end with a revisit of an old comic, which is still timely since I heard we are moving to a different building soon.












I am in town for a while now, so my publishing schedule should be more regular. No guarantees on my creative juices, though.

No comments: