Monday, March 07, 2016

Speeding, Stealing, and Stinging Like a Bee

I saw this ad this morning when I was surfing for things to share. Tell me if it doesn't seem like a really messy idea.








Today's entry from the 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar:
The worst weather will be outside.
Weatherperson, MSNBC

And here was Saturday's entry:
The government tries to do what is easy, because what is difficult is difficult.
Brazilian president Luiz InĂ¡cio Lula da Silva

I spent the weekend saving up, but I still don't have the $1.9 million to buy this car. And yet, I so want to go from 0-60 mph in 2.8 seconds. If that's not your thing, though, there are some other absurdly expensive cars shown here.
















Did I hear a plaintive Cry for another Bad Pun Dog joke?
























Chalk art really fools my eye. True, the photos are shot from the correct angle to enjoy the design, but it looks so real in context.























Maybe this is a great way to get the next generation of kids interested in classic art?
























And there is now a reason we need to get the next generation to learn their math.
























No one ever comes to see my wife and I since we moved. Weird, right?


















For some reason, I was thinking about the church my grandparent and parents attended back East. I remembered that I had captured some photos the last time we went to a family reunion. You can see the church building in the center, and the parsonage off to the right. I know my great-grandfather and family lived there maybe in the 1940s-1950s. I do know the parsonage was destroyed (or at least damaged) in a tornado in New Year's Eve, 1947. 18 were killed [update: not 18 in the parsonage].


















I could not say what made me think of Muhammad Ali this weekend, but once I did, his famous phrase immediately pooped into my head.












The first full workweek of March is waiting on me to get it started, and I feel the momentous pressure building. I've got to get it going, and so should you. See you soon.

1 comment:

The Grandparents said...

There were not 18 people in the parsonage.