Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Two Things and Two More Things

I was thinking today...
When I'm alone, and life is making me lonely, I can always go
Downtown

When I've got worries, all the noise and hurry seems to help, I know
Downtown

Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city,
Linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
How can I lose?
The lights are much brighter there.. I can forget all my troubles; forget all my cares, and go
Downtown -- things will be great when I'm
Downtown -- I'll find a place for sure
Downtown -- everything's waiting for me.

So, I went downtown and filed paperwork to become certified to teach in AZ. They took my paperwork and previous schoolwork and will send me my provisional certification in 2-3 weeks. I still have to take AZ Constitution, US Constitution, a test on teaching subject knowledge (Math only. Not Music) and a test on classroom management, and a course on teaching English learners. I have a couple of years to finish this.

Then, I just got off of a phone interview with University of Phoenix for an IT position. I have a formal interview this Friday at 9:30, so you can pray that I will know God's Will.



Bella was sticking coins between her toes and fingers. I tried to catch her before she pulled them out and was mostly successful. I had to babysit Monday and Tuesday because they lost their prior daycare provider.


And, as Kara noted, Kendall is always watching her big sister to learn the ins and outs of kidhood.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Man, I remember listening to "Downtown" (on KLIF Dallas?) sitting at the breakfast table eating cinnamon toast before school somewhere around the 3rd grade. Even then I really liked the transition into the chorus. And let's not even get started on "These Boots are Made for Walkin'".