Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Spaghetti Head, Scarfed Neck and a Biiiig Baby

We are sneaking up on Halloween. For many of us, that means making sure we have a costume for this year, or getting the kids ready for trick-or-treat. For some, it means going to a Halloween-themed event such as a corn maze. Check out this drone footage (not mine) of an Alice In Wonderland-themed corn maze. It was designed and created using a GPS-controlled mower and a drone to identify exactly which stalks to cut. Pretty amazing.

To help get you ready for the holiday, Sunday's Bad Jokes and Puns calendar entry was a Halloweenish one.
Do zombies eat popcorn with their fingers?
No, they eat the fingers separately.

And how about this for a Halloween costume?



















Have you been wondering what the next big thing in hair accessories might be? If so, check out this photo from the Japanese shop Fake Food Hatanaka and wonder no more.




















Did you hear that Bob Dylan has been awarded a Nobel Prize for Literature? Is it for his songs? His writing? I don't know, but it is an unusual choice, at least in my mind.

This looks like something my NLTD (No Longer Teacher Daughter) would do, and something that her cat would like.



















Did anyone notice that there were no blog entries last week? I was on vacation with MBH, my parents, and Preacher Bro and his better half. In honor of that trip, here is a preacher-related calendar entry from Sunday's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar.
Please welcome Pastor Don, a caring individual who loves hurting people.
in a church bulletin

Did you notice there was no blog post for yesterday, either? That's because I forgot because I was anxious to turn in my resignation letter to my current employer. That's right. It is time for a change of venue. I'll tell you more soon.

This is not my filing cabinet at work, but I wish it was.



















Did I mention that I was away this past week? Yes, I did. Here is the first photo of our trip at a park in Dolores, CO.



















And next is this nice photo of my folks walking in the park.



















And I caught them looking out over the Dolores River before we got back in the car and finished our drive.













The thing about vacations is that they always come to an end. So, it's back to work How about you? I hope you had a chance to have a vacation sometime this year. They do marvelous things for your perspectives. Let's get started.

No comments: