Friday, October 28, 2016

No, I do not participate in Halloween anymore. I turn off the porch light by 5pm and leave it off until bedtime. The kids are long gone, and with MBH as a teacher, we don't need to advertise where she lives (well, it IS a great excuse). Do you still give out candy and praise kid's costumes?

Are you watching the World Series? The Chicago Cubs are playing in it for the first time in over 70 years. That's pretty cool. However, I am not much of a baseball follower. I prefer the NFL. So, in game broadcast last year, the announcer helped those of us who don't know much of the baseball strategies and I found this quote in yesterday's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar:
Roy Oswalt is a drop and drive pitcher. What is a drop and drive pitcher? He is a guy who drops and drives. Very simple.
baseball announcer Tim McCarver covering the World Series


In the Bad Jokes and Puns calendar, I found this:
Why do ghosts like to ride in elevators?
It raises their spirits.

Speaking of spooky, I read that some scientists feel they have determined what make the Bermuda Triangle a scary place. I think they are suggesting it is hexagonal clouds. Read more about it here.











Remember the internet meme about the 'is this dress black and blue or white and gold'? Today, I saw a new optical illusion. Take a look at these legs. Do they look shiny and oily or are they legs with white paint on them?












I saw this amazing fact yesterday. "One million seconds is 11 days. One billion seconds is 33 years. A billion is a lot."

How about a Pinterest Halloween fail?



















How about these scaaary skeleton pops?



















Almost every night in Ouray, you can drive around town and see deer grazing in yards in town. Here i is a small herd we came across one night. I think the little deer with his legs all sticking out is cute.







































And as my last photo for today, this is a frame from a video by the drone looking toward Mt. Abram.











Some delays have come up in getting my next job. My background check is still pending, so 'no job for you!" Well, at least for a couple more days. Don't worry, I will let you know when I get a job. For now, though, let's all enjoy our weekend.

No comments: