Monday, October 03, 2016

Miniatures and Mountains on a Monday

Do any of you still eat cereal for breakfast? Maybe that's what you feed your kids? I'm not sure what my kids eat, but I still have cereal for breakfast, at lest during the workweek. Mine is a mix of 4-5 different cereals, all with 6 grams of sugar or less. That's not my point in raising this question. I came across a survey where people logged onto Mrbreakfast.com and ranked their favorites. After 570,000 votes, Quisp came out on top. Have you even ever heard of it? It was released in 1965 and discontinued in the 1970s. As you might guess now, the survey skewed towards older cereals. It seems millennials are less inclined to cereals than older respondents. Read the article. It is interesting. See if you agree with the rankings.

















Ron Maxfield is building a scale model of his hometown, Corsicana, TX, in the early 1900s. He posted a bunch of photos on Facebook. Check them out. I posted one below that caught my eye because he is even including dead patches in the lawn. Pretty cool. BTW, it is also the hometown of MBH.



















And while I was surfing, I came across this photo still from The Godfather. Have you heard of that movie? It turns out that, in the scene depicted below, James Caan is on the phone and a tin from Collin Street Bakery in there in the corner. So what? That is still a thriving business based in Corsicana and we have had their fruit cake more than once.













If you think of the South, which states come to mind? Mississippi? Georgia? Louisiana? Florida? What about Texas? 42,000 on vox.com felt Mississippi is the most Southern state. You can read about the actual votes in the article.













Check out this photo. Yes, it is the same mat, just turned upside down.


















Here is a cool photo taken on top of a mountain at about 14,000 ft. I don't think I've ever been that high. I was not part of the crew that climbed Mt. Sneffels.






Here is a shot of a couple of our Jeeps coming down from Ophir Pass. It is less than 12,000ft. That's practically sea level, right?














I cannot remember exactly what was going on in this next photo, but I think this dude was talking about the mouth pain he was feeling in the lower left and upper right of his mouth. Or maybe this is his technique for this year's Jack-O-Lantern?













Today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said calendar entry. I included their header info.
ON EX-SOCCER STARS, CONTORTIONAL ABILITIES OF:
"In his interviews, Beckham manages to sit on the fence very well and keeps both ears on the ground."
Soccer manager Brian Kerr

People, I am not finding anything else for today. And I do have a lot of stuff to do, so I am outta here. Well, by that, I mean I will be publishing today's post and beginning my work day. I am not actually 'outta here'. See you soon.

No comments: