Tuesday, October 04, 2016

Happy 59th Anniversary!

Yep, who doesn't like a good anniversary? So, I wish Happy Anniversary to... Sputnik. 59 years ago today, the first man-made device was launched into orbit around the Earth. It only lasted 92 days in orbit, but it launched the Space Race. Just think of those who went out into their yards and could see the satellite flying overhead. It must have been awe-inspiring.

I liked this image.


















Now this is a sign I think would be fun to find posted on the company bulletin board.


















They were on sale, so I went ahead about bought this year's Christmas cards.


















Do you watch The Voice? We don't normally, but we know someone who has made it past the first round and is on Blake's team. Truthfully, I cannot remember his name right now, but his son is in MBH's class at school.

See the overhang of the rocks over the road down below? I had a dream of us 4-wheeling through this stretch and having the drone fly along beside us. I don't remember why I didn't do this. Maybe I had a low battery? Maybe I was just too much of a newbie then and got nervous? Perhaps next time, OK?












This is rush hour, Ouray-style. Actually, there was road work ahead and we all got stuck waiting our time to pass by. I'm guessing it was 15-20 minutes that we waited.












"It'll work. I've got on my green footie shoes, so no one can see my feet. I'm wearing camo shorts, so it'll look like I've got no butt. And my shirt will blend into the tree trunks. People will only see arms, legs, and my magnificent beard. No need to try and take a photograph. I blend in too much."


















Vice presidential candidate debate tonight. Who's excited to watch and participate in this year's political excitement? What're their names again?

Today's 365 Stupidest Things Ever Said entry:
Tide comes in, tide goes out. You can’t explain that.
TV host Bill O’Reilly

Today's Bad Jokes and Puns entry:
Patient: Doctor, every morning when I get up I feel dizzy for about half an hour.
Doctor: Try getting up half an hour later.

As the Rolling Stones famously sang, "Time is on my side." No, that's not true. Time is NOT on my side when I am writing a blog post. I'm looking for content. I am sifting through family photos. I am considering what personal things to share. And I have a self-imposed time limit of one hour in the morning to finish it up. As you might suspect, that time has passed, so I need to wrap this up. Thanks for sticking with today's post all the way to the end, which is here --->.

No comments: