Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Too Cold? Not Cool.


See, we have this one conference room that is always so cold, almost to the point of discomfort if you wear short sleeves. So, that was the genesis of this cartoon. When I wrote it, there was Rocky music in my head. No, not the Eye of the Tiger song, that other one.

Did I tell you about cleaning the folk's pool the other day? Their neighbor has huge pine trees next door, so our recent high wind days brought a bunch of junk into their pool. Their skimmer was so full, it took forever to clear it by hand. And most of the top of the pool was covered, too. I took a photo with my phone, but when I tried to send it, it said, "I don't think so." That should tell you how bad it was.

I did not get a Kendall update, so I don't know how she is. I did not get a folk's update, but I presume they are en route to Tempe. There is probably at least one other update I did not get, but I don't know what that would be.

I had no hilarious epiphanies this morning. Is my funny bone broken? Are we hearing the bell tolling for Clarity of Vision? All I can say is, "No update."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply out of curiosity and with no malicious intent, what does characterize a hilarious epiphany? Does that mean that the epiphany itself is hilarious or that the thing that has thus been epiphanized is hilarious? All that to say, I enjoyed your cartoon from yesterday the best so far. My mind draws connections between "Clarity of Vision" and Dilbert. Since I don't really know office-esque humor (not humor like "The Office"), I can't appreciate all of your work. I enjoy reading it nonetheless.

Craig Weeks said...

I'm betting your conference room is downright balmy compared to the Hyde Park Baptist Church sanctuary where it's "All A/C ... all the time".

Wow. Compared with Dilbert. That's high cotton (valley).