Sunday, March 08, 2009

Hair down to Neck down to Hands


We had another hair cut party at Kyle and Lyndsay's house today. Oh yes, it did look like Edward Scissorhands, except it was Phyllis Scissorhands.

I'd like to request some prayers. No, not for me. Dad and Rick both are having surgeries (biopsies?) related to their lymph nodes. So, please pray for them, for their surgeons, and for positive test results. Of course, by positive, I mean the tests have negative results with regards to cancer. Now, Kathie is starting to watch my neck for signs of swelling. I am NOT going to post photos of my neck, though. Oh yeah, Dad's surgery is Tuesday. Here is Mom and Dad from four years ago. Look, Dad still had a little color in his hair.

We spent all day yesterday helping at the Art for the Heart event at Dobson Academy, in memory of Chevy, a boy who died last year. So, we were there almost the whole time from noon until 9:20pm. It was a good feeling, though, to help for such a good cause.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

I see that your dad was suffering from Hat Confusion Syndrome, a temporary but disconcerting condition marked by all forms, from mild to extreme, of hat misuse. I'm sure he's all better by now.

CrazyUncle said...

Craig, my friend, what am I going to do with you. Sure, your response was funny. It elicited a snicker, although not a guffaw.

Still, how can you joke about this being a medical condition when it resulted from a routine operation? That's right. He had his knee cap replaced, but they put it on the outside.

Craig Weeks said...

You've still got it after all these years, bud.