Saturday, March 28, 2009

Neen Has Gone Home

(photo courtesy of Carey Mooring)
After years of waiting, God has called Neen, my final living grandparent, home to be with him this morning. By the way, we called her Neen because, when I was a baby, I would say "Ni ni ni..." She decided that I was calling her, so she became Nini, which was shortened to Neen as we grew up. She is now reunited with her husband, James, who went home in 1960. She is with all her family members, and all the saints before her. Can you imagine the joy and love we will be experiencing when Jesus tells His Father we are forgiven because we accepted him in life? Wow! And no more pain, no tears. No more getting old and frail.

Hearing of Neen's passing, Kathie reminded me of a time when her mother was here and Neen was with us and we went for a trip up into Scottsdale. The whole trip, they were commenting on people and short shorts and the backseat was filled with both of them saying, "Law. Can you believe this?" One of my strong memories was, every trip back to Cotton Valley, a bunch of us moving from Mamaw's house down to Neen's so she could play the piano and we would all sing hymns. I also remember her strong vibrato and full voice as she would sing, both at home and in church.

Neen, one day, we will be together forever with all our loved ones and especially with our Lord, for all eternity. I miss you and will grieve, but I know you are now happy again. I love you.

3 comments:

Zachary Great Grand Child #2 said...

That was well put and very touching. Thank you Uncle Randy.

Craig Weeks said...

So ... you were one of the original knights who say "Ni!"? Dang. If I'd known I would have gotten your autograph when we were rooming.

I'm glad you can rejoice about her finally and forever truly being at home.

CrazyUncle said...

Craig, I cannot believe you did not know that. You obviously don't remember the shrubberies I was growing. Yes, I know I should have dusted more often. At least I kept the dirt on my side of the room.