Friday, April 04, 2008

Bummer

Alas, it did not work out. Scottsdale Insurance has decided to "go another direction." How am I feeling?

I thought OK. However, I did find that I stayed in bed extra long today. In fact, I might not even be up yet except that the school called for an afternoon substitute position. I also woke up (more than once) remembering weird dreams, but both were related. In the first, Preacher Bro was younger and he and I were at the edge of a pool. Something funny was said and he leaned over backwards such that he was still on the edge, but his head and torso were underwater. I could not get him up in time and then I woke up. Following that, I was bathing an infant and the baby slipped underwater in the tub. Same thing. I could not get the baby up in time. I will let you smart people interpret them, but it does seem to imply I am a little depressed. Good thing I must teach this afternoon, huh? Fourth grade.

Stinkin' teacher. Again, we did not have the test in Java. This is the second week in a row. And yet, we continue on in chapters. In one more week, we should even be planning the next test. He assured me we would have a test next week. For this week's programming assignment, I must write a paint program with the ability to choose from at least 3 brush sizes and 3 colors. That sounds interesting.

The bottom line is that I would appreciate prayers. I know I have a tendency to try and resolve this myself without truly seeking His will. And that bums me out even more. I am in a vicious cycle, and yet I know the way out! Why can't I stay focused on the spiritual relationship I could be building? Doesn't Luke say "And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well." That's what I want.

We're going to party like it's 1999 tomorrow at Bella's and Kendall's. I should end up with some photos. I might even take some. Yup, right off of their walls. We'll see.

5 comments:

K.B.'s Sweet Shoppe said...

We are praying for you and we love you guys! We are excited for you to come over tomorrow. Perhaps you may even get to roast some marshmallows with Bella...who knows...

Craig Weeks said...

One day this week I was reading the Matthew version of that passage (and, technically, Luke merely recorded it). I found myself thinking as much about *how* He said it as *what* He said. I realized that "Don't worry about ..." wasn't really a rebuke or a harsh command. It was more like a half-whispered word of encouragement from One who has control of things. The whispering actually makes it more powerful than shouting would. I detect a slight smile and twinkle in the eye that says "I'll take care of it".

I know. It's easy for me to write this as I sit here at my corporate desk. But I worry even in the good times. Will there be enough?

A guy who sits 50 ft. from me lost his wife in childbirth yesterday. A woman who taught two of my children and is one of my true heroes waited 12 hours yesterday while surgeons removed a tumor from her husband's brain. A sin-corrupted world is not the best of places to be. Even so, Lord Jesus, come.

On a lighter note fire+toddler may very well make for good times ... or something. So, party like the past 8+ years have not exacted their toll on you.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you interviewed with Scottsdale Insurance. I know some people there that maybe they could have put in a word for you. But I am sure something else will come up. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

momkeller said...

Hi Randy,
I'm praying a fabulous job comes your way soon!

I have a new blog page: http://momkeller.blogspot.com/

I forgot my username and password to the old one...old age I guess.

Love to you and Kathie.
Linda

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

We are praying for you! We also want to see the pictures from the big party! Cute video, by the way, of Bella.