Friday, January 20, 2006

Interview Results and More

Let's start with the interviews I had this morning. I had 3 different interviews, each with 2 persons. As you can imagine, there was some duplication of questions, but I felt comfortable with all of them. I would guess one dude was in his forties, but the others were 30s and 20s. I have a followup interview next Tues or Wed with the manager of the org. She said it has been narrowed down to 4 candidates for 2 positions. So now, Katie, I am again trying to calm myself and wait on God's guidance.

Tonight, Kathie and I are going to see Brian Regan. Do you know him? The folks have his CD. In his refrigerator bit, he muses about salesmen seeling fridges like used cars..."This refrigerator had a meats drawer. And what you do with that, you would put meats - whatever varieties that you would choose - these would be your meats. So there's no requirements on the types of meat. You could pick bacon, marbled meats; there's an endless selection. And this [fridge] had a crisper-- for crispy things."

And of course, there's the famous mixed words bit... "I’m just trying to go through life without looking stupid. It’s not working out too well. Sometimes you’ll say the right thing but at the wrong time and feel stupid. Something like: “You, too!” I was getting out of a cab at the airport and the driver goes, “Hey…Have a nice flight!”

“You, too! You, too, you have a nice flight, too…in case you ever fly someday.” Don’t anybody look at me; I’m a moron. Don’t know when to say the “you, too” phrase. I can’t handle it.

I never learn. Like a waitress will bring my meal. “Hey, enjoy your meal.”

“You, too. But you don’t have one, do ya? I’m a dufus. If you do eat enjoy it when you eat it if you have a break or something, later. If you get an opportunity.” That’s all I’m trying to say. That’s all that I’m driving at. Really…if you think about it. That’s all. I don’t know what I’m saying.

Do you ever start to say something and in the middle of what you’re saying you decide to say something else completely? There’s already words out there. These friends were leaving the other day and I started to say “Hey, take care,” and I decided to say “Good luck” instead like half way through, so it came out neither.

“See you later, Brian.”

“Take…luck! Take luck and care. Take care of the luck. Good luck taking care of the luck that you might have…if you have luck, take it, care for it. TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT WHEN YOU TAKE LUCK CARE OF IN IT…[continues to yell nonsense words – lots of ‘em].” You’re sure to see them again."

We are excited. Kyle and Lyndsay gave this to us for Christmas.

5 comments:

Katie80 said...

I could probably listen to the same Brian Regan bits 20 times and STILL be laughing hysterically. He is *so* funny!
"When's that baaaaaby due? BABY!! BABY!!! I'm jealous, and I'm sure y'all will have a great time!

Take luck with the job possibility. (I'm glad I was the first to comment so I could say that!)

Brenda Walker said...

I †oo love Brian Regan! I wish I could see many much moosen! He cracks me up! I hope y'all have a great time! We'll keep praying for you with the job opportunities!

Anonymous said...

"I'm Brian, BRIVOLBN the number 7 the letter Q. Look at my name tag, it's really..... long."

Caleb said...

Remove pastry from pouch. D'you ever think about logging trucks passing on the highway. We're still praying for you Crazy Uncle.

Auntie Eisel said...

You have four doughnuts left.

What if I take one more?? How many will I have then doughnut lady?!? HUH?

That's so cool that you get to go see him. Have fun.