Sunday, January 22, 2006

Good Time Had By All

We had a great time at Brian Regan on Friday night. There was an opening act: Tom Ryan (I think). He did a clever bit about baking soda. You know, sales were down, not as many people baking. So, one guy said, hey, what if we tell people to buy a box, pour it down the drain to keep it smelling fresh. Another said, yeah, or maybe they could just open it and set it in the fridge to keep it fresh. So, now the other spice makers are going to try and match their success. But how many people buy basil? He said he had a box handed down from his grandmother.

Then, it was time for Regan. He was hilarious. For his encore, he did the cup of dirt science project routine, including boxen and moosen. He was never still on stage. He started off holding the mike in one hand, water in the other, moving a stool off to the side of the stage with his feet. People applauded and he said if he knew that was all it would take in PHX, he could do it for 2 hours.

No other job news since my last post. I expect to hear from UOP on Monday about a followup Tues or Wed. Nothing yet from the Motorola contacts. No decision yet by Light in the Desert Church about interim music. I will tell them this week that I will be attending my own church until they make a decision.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

I hope that your thing went well today.

Lindsay Ward said...

So, the grandparents were in Dallas this weekend and everyone was talking about this guy. I guess Justin and I will have to listen to his CD.